From the Wellness Blog
CAN HOMEOPATHY BE USEFUL FOR ANXIETY IN CHILDREN?
Anxiety has so many faces, even in children.
Some level of anxiety in children is healthy and normal. It keeps kids safe. High levels of anxiety in children are becoming increasingly common and are beyond what is just keeping them safe. Their level of anxiety impacts not only on the child and their physical as well as emotional health but can affect the whole family. This is when it’s not just ‘terrible two’s’. As they are so young, it can be really hard for kids to let you know exactly what’s going on. That’s why they show so many different expressions of what they experience as anxiety. If your child or a child you know shows any of these behaviours, anxiety could be at the root of it all.
- Anger and aggression – towards a sibling, other children or even adults
- Excessive Fear Socially – they don’t want to mix with anyone outside the family
- Nightmares – when these are occurring on a regular basis and they are fearful when alone especially at night
- Tummy pains or headaches – before going to school or doing something they are worried about
- Zone out – don’t want to make eye contact, especially around unknown people or crowds
- Constantly restless – can’t sit still in class or home unless doing something they really love
- Zone out selectively – can’t focus at school or home unless doing something they love – these kids can often have trouble with fine work such as holding a knife and fork, painting or colouring within the lines
I worked with a child using homeopathy who’s anxiety was causing the whole family huge amounts of stress. He is now able to go on holidays and enjoy playing with friends. Read more here – shared with the child’s and parents permission.
Information given here is in no way intended to take the place of advice from your chosen healthcare professional or specialist. Any examples given from the authors life do not indicate that the remedy in question will work for everyone in every instance. They are used solely to illustrate the use the medicine in a practical situation. Any child under 6 months with a fever over 38c should always see a medical practitioner.
It is referenced from the texts approved by Therapeutic Goods Administration and is for information only. If in doubt as to the appropriateness of a treatment seek advice from your homeopath.
For any emergencies with depression or anxiety, contact your GP or Psychologist.